Work with a global futurist on sophisticated social and content projects
Applicants who are available for regular meetings in Bondi Beach are strongly preferred.
We are however open to talent anywhere.
Estimated initially around 1 day per week to suit candidate’s schedule. There is scope for the amount of work to increase.
We are looking for an intelligent and sophisticated social media specialist to assist futurist Ross Dawson and his social media and content team on his website and social media, as well as on the recently launched Thriving on Overload brand, which includes a major book, podcast, online course, and web publication.
Ross has been blogging for 20 years, has over 125K followers on Twitter, a strong profile on LinkedIn and Facebook, a growing presence on YouTube and Instagram, and is frequently engaged as an influencer for B2B campaigns by global organisations.
We want someone who is passionate about creating a positive future and has a keen feel for the edge of technology and society.
This is an opportunity for someone highly talented to take their work to the next level. Some of the work will be fairly straightforward such as scheduling and posting across social media platforms, but we are looking for someone who is capable of far more.
Core activities will likely include:
- Managing social media content and posting workflow
- Delivering provided content ideas to a high degree of professionalism
- Generating and executing smart ideas for relevant content
- Creating compelling visual content for social (preferably with strong graphic design capabilities but also ok to excel at working with designers)
- Supervising YouTube video production and channel management (if this is an area of expertise)
- Other relevant tasks to support Ross and the team
Depending on the individual’s capabilities other activities could include:
- Futurist research and writing
- Editing or working with our writer team
- Simple video shooting and editing
The core skills we are looking for are:
- Experienced in social media and thought leadership content in a professional environment
- Immersed in best practices on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and/or other social channels
- Ideally experience with YouTube channel management
- Close follower of futurist ideas and the edge of technology and society
- Great ideas and ability to execute at exceptionally high standards
- Extremely reliable and responsive
Other experience that would be highly valued includes:
- Publishing (web or other)
- Video production
- PR/ media/ marketing