Work with a global futurist on sophisticated social and content projects
Strongly prefer those available for regular meetings in Bondi Beach; we are open to global applications.
Part-time, initially 4-8 hours per week, could grow.
We are looking for an intelligent and sophisticated social media specialist to assist futurist Ross Dawson with his social media.
Ross has been blogging for 20 years, has over 125K followers on Twitter, a strong profile on LinkedIn and Facebook, a new podcast, a growing presence on YouTube and Instagram, and is frequently engaged as an influencer for B2B campaigns by global organisations. He also has a major new book scheduled for global release later this year.
We want someone to support Ross in his social media activities who is passionate about creating a positive future and has a keen feel for the edge of technology and society.
This is an opportunity for someone highly talented to take their work to the next level. Some of the work will be fairly straightforward such as scheduling and posting across social media platforms, but we are looking for someone who is capable of far more.
Core activities will likely include:
- Working with Ross to generate and execute smart ideas for LinkedIn content
- Developing aligned content and ideas for Facebook and Instagram pages
- Creating compelling visual content for social (preferably with strong graphic design capabilities but if required working with designers)
- Supervising YouTube video production and channel management (if this is an area of expertise)
- Researching relevant data and presentation formats
- Posting and managing web content
Depending on the individual’s capabilities other activities could include:
- Futurist research and writing
- Helping manage remote teams of designers and writers
- Simple video shooting and editing
The core skills we are looking for are:
- Deeply experienced in innovative use of LinkedIn in a professional environment
- Solid experience on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and/or other social channels
- Close follower of futurist ideas and the edge of technology and society
- Ideally, experience working on campaigns with major brands
- Great ideas and ability to execute at exceptionally high standards
- Extremely reliable and responsive
Other experience that would be highly valued includes:
- Publishing (web or other)
- Video production
- PR/ media/ marketing